Facebook has introduced a new version for its messaging app called the Messenger 4. The idea to come out with a new version is to provide a more simplified experience to its users. This updated version will include changes such as reduction in the number of tabs from nine to three. Those three tabs will be known as Chats Tab, People Tab and Discover Tab.
The other new features in the update would include the potential to personalize chats wherein a user can use customized color gradient to portray his/her mood or topic of conversation. A dark mood interface will be added to reduce the glare on the phone screen.
Why as a Marketer you should care
Even though Facebook Messenger’s older versions had a Discovery Tab, this new update it will give more prominence to it where in users can easily find and communicate with businesses directly and effortlessly.
Previously, the messenger consisted of nine tabs whereas after the update, it will only display three tabs to its users.
- The Chats Tab: This tab will be the front and center of the application and will include a camera at the top.
- The People Tab: This tab will enable its users to find friends, to see who’s active and view stories.
- The Discovery Tab: This tab in particular will enable its users to connect with businesses effortlessly wherein they will exposed to the latest offers/deals , book their next vacation, play instant games , follow up with the latest news and more.
Nowadays, more and more companies are using the Messenger to reach out to customers directly or via ads or bots. Facebook had noticed this change and has taken efforts to simplify its messenger’s layout so that it can drive more engagement. Facebook even has added this to its company’s goals wherein they will regularly keep at tab and monetize its messenger application so that its performance is smooth and can be a consistent stream for ad revenues.
Some additional features that Marketers should know about Facebook Messenger 4:
- The all new Facebook Messenger 4 will be rolled out globally in the coming weeks as Facebook says it wants its users to get familiar to the changes.
- The previous features which were added such as video chatting, the poll, playing games with friends and the ability to share your current location will remain as it is.
Thus, advertisers should make use of these highly personalized features available to them effectively to generate revenues through targeting their customers on the Facebook Messenger App.